Admission to the KTO PhD programme is highly competitive, with the number of qualified applicants always greatly exceeding the number of available places. Typically 5-6 students are admitted each year and 2-4 are going through the second year. Meeting the requirements listed above does not guarantee admission.
Admission decisions are made by a recruiting committee and rely on a number of factors including academic background (e.g., grades and training in mathematics, statistics and social sciences), research experience, test scores, aspirations, and fit with the research interests of KTO research center and its members.
Pre-selected applicants are interviewed via telephone; local applicants may be invited to visit the campus.
The fee is payable for the first three years. For the 2017/2018 academic year, the annual fee is €5000. A number of assistantship awards, which cover tuition fees and provide enough money for a living, are available for the most highly qualified candidates.
We will accept applications in two sessions, until enrolment is full.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2017
- Period for interviews: from April 10 to April 21, 2017
- Admission results: May 1, 2017
- Application deadline: May 31, 2017
- Period for interviews: from June 12 to June 23, 2017
- Admission results: July 3, 2017
Applications including the candidate's current mailing address and the application package must be submitted before the deadline preferably by email to Valérie Schmid (email@example.com) or by post to
SKEMA Business School
60, rue Dostoïevski - CS 30085
06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex - France
Applications posted after the deadline of May 31 will not be considered.
The application must include the following elements:
- Cover letter including a description of your motivation for enrolment in the KTO PhD in Management, your research interests and academic aims
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcript and certification of undergraduate and graguate studies
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or of the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) for applicants whose native language is not English.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). These tests are not compulsory but highly appreciated
- List two or more referees (preferably academic references) and their contact details for recomendations. Referees should send a letter of recommendation to Valerie Schmid (firstname.lastname@example.org) in separate emails.
- Sample of research works, such as a Master/Bachelor thesis dissertation.
When processing the enrolment application, the SKEMA administration must check that the applicant has the necessary academic qualifications to complete the degree programme.
The SKEMA administration cannot be held responsible for the lack of notification resulting from inaccurate or delayed information, or changes regarding permanent and mailing addresses provided by candidates. Nor can SKEMA be held responsible for postal or telegraphic delays not caused by the Business School.
Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- up to 40 points for the cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of exams and certifications, TOEFL, or CPE
- up to 25 points for GMAT or GRE scores
- up to 20 points for reference letters
- up to 15 points for research works
A minimum of 50 points is required fo obtaining an interview.
Your referees will be required to send their letters within 10 days from the application deadline.