Programme taught in English at the Paris campus, and in French and English at the Sophia Antipolis campus.
This MSc is a full-time course taught over a twelve-month period. There are eight months of taught courses, followed by four to six months for the dissertation and internship.
Internal and external auditing; consulting; specialised auditing (IT, marketing); management controlling; industrial management controlling; consolidation management; chartered accountancy; administrative and ﬁnancial management.
This programme is designed to help participants develop an in-depth understanding of audit, management control and information systems, and of the different ways it contributes to competitive advantage and to the wealth and advancement of society.
The MSc provides students with a range of knowledge, tools and skills and the ability to use them in a variety of operational & entrepreneurial situations in order to become responsible managers and contribute to sustainable development. Students develop the ability to think analytically in order to successfully apply their knowledge and technical expertise to the solution of real business problems.
The programme supports and encourages students to develop their individual managerial and research capabilities in order to become key actors of change for their companies, profession and the global business environment.
Why choose this programme
Preparation for the main national or international professional certiﬁcations in the ﬁelds of audit and management control
Lectures delivered mainly by international experts
Links with professional bodies and research organisations, at national and international level (IFACI, DFCG, CIMA…)
With a view to gaining the high academic and professional levels this course includes a preparation for the main professional certiﬁcations and diplomas in the ﬁeld (the student must choose between the following: CIMA Certiﬁcates “Certiﬁcate in Business Accounting”, “Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting”; DPAI Diploma from IFACI ; SAS Certiﬁcates of aptitudes).
In-company projects and assignments
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting Management Reporting for Decision- Making
- Product and Service Costing
- The impact of the setting up of a new information system on management control
- The impact of the setting up of a new decisional data processing on management control system
- The optimal organisation of software bricks within an organisation…
Accenture, BNP Paribas, Caisse d’Epargne, Cap Gemini, Deloitte France And Luxembourg, Ernst & Young, Galeries La Fayette, Grant Thornton, KPMG France and Luxembourg, Mazars, Pricewaterhousecoopers France and Luxembourg.
Vision and objective of the programme
- To help participants develop an in-depth understanding of Auditing, Management Control and Information Systems and of the different ways it contributes to competitive advantage and to the wealth and advancement of society.
- To provide students with a range of knowledge, tools and skills and the ability to use these in a variety of operational & entrepreneurial situations through “learning by doing”.
- To develop students' ability to think analytically in order to successfully apply their knowledge and technical expertise to the solution of real business problems.
- To support and encourage students to develop their individual managerial and research capabilities in order to equip them to become effective managers in Auditing, Management Control and Information systems.
Development of knowledge and Understanding (KU):
- Understand the business, social and political contexts which impact auditing, management accounting and information systems;
- Understand and apply auditing, management accounting and information systems techniques in practice;
- Work within corporate, financial, governance, production, organisational and/or technological constraints.
Cognitive and Intellectual Skills (CIS):
- Identify options and use the benefits of circumstance or opportunity to deliver value.
Intellectual Skills (CIS):
- Evaluate auditing, management accounting and information systems and/or existing facilities, and make sure that the lessons learned will be used for improvement of future projects;
- Assess the impact of auditing, management accounting and information systems on a company’s corporate strategy.
Practical Skills (PS):
- Develop a focused and disciplined approach to developing and implementing plans and controls of systems in auditing, management accounting, and information systems;
- Make balanced decisions, implement policies and find solutions on the basis of either complete or incomplete information;
- Conceive, cost, plan, resource, and manage complex projects and programmes in auditing management control and information systems;
Key / Transferable Skills (TS):
- Appreciate the roles, manage and use the services of employed consultants and contractors;
- Effectively lead and motivate individuals, and project, programme or portfolio teams to achieve organisational goals;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using a range of media and work effectively in groups.