This programme is taught in English at the Lille campus.
The PhD in Corporate Finance is a four-year, full-time programme as part of the activities of the
Lille 2 - SKEMA Management Research Center.
Applications must be submitted by the end of June and the programme starts in September.
Content of the PhD programme :
- Quantitative techniques
- Theories of corporate finance
- Research seminars and workshops
In their first year (two semesters) students will attend 5 lectures (150 hours):
- Econometric programming and access to financial and accounting databases
- Advanced methods in econometric analysis
- Auction Theory
- Theory of Corporate Finance
- Research Seminar
Students will also be required to write a research proposal, which will be the starting point of their PhD thesis.
Admission to the second year
To enter the second year, students must have obtained:
- At least a B in each first-year course
- A successful defense of the research proposal before the scientific committee
The second, third and fourth year are dedicated to the writing of the dissertation. Students may be offered the opportunity to spend several months in a partner university.
Students must also:
- Attend the Finance Lecture Seminars and Finance Research Seminars
- Attend PhD workshops
- Follow a reading programme during the second year