Over the past sixty years project and programme management have become accepted ways of managing organisations. Projects and programmes are strategic processes which modify the conditions of the firm in its environment.
The primary goal of the Executive PhD in Project and Programme Management is to provide solid foundations and competencies for participants’ future careers in project, programme and general management.
The programme relies on SKEMA’s strong commitment to international organisations, professional bodies and research in project, programme and portfolio management.
The programme is based on standards and bodies of knowledge that are widely recognized within the profession. It also includes state agencies’ and international organisations’ standards.
The Executive PhD in Project and Programme Management leads to careers in top management, consulting, research and academia.
This programme is part-time and distance learning, meaning people can study it while continuing to work in their home environment.
The programme is taught in English by international faculty at the Lille campus.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the programme is to facilitate the dynamic development of participants' managerial and entrepreneurial competencies, allowing them to enhance their expertise, and to work as managers and leaders in organisations in an international and multicultural environment.
The Executive PhD programme is designed to:
- Build on students’ experience and academic achievements as part of a considered career plan
- Give students maximum professional credibility
- Open doors into academic life, consultancy or senior executive positions
- Help students maximize their effectiveness as a trainer or educator
- Enhance students’consultancy, project, programme & strategic management and research skills
- Increase students’ understanding of research methodology and techniques
The doctorate programme in Project and Programme Management is characterised by research directed at specific industry issues and concerns.