The keystone of SKEMA governance: the business community, our respective localities, and an international outlook.
SKEMA Business School is a private establishment of graduate-level business education. It is run according to the 1901 French law governing non-profit making associations. The association was founded by Lille School of Management and CERAM Business School, the higher education branch of the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce.
The Board of Directors and the General Assembly
The Board of Directors is the executive arm of the school. The members are appointed among the General Assembly’s members.
The chairman of the Board of Directors is Bernard Lecomte, regional director of Veolia and deputy general manager of Dalkia, (Skema alumnus 1964).
The vice-chairman is Dominique Estève, president of the Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur CCIR (Regional Chamber of Commerce).
Three consultative committees contribute to decision making in Skema:
the Strategic Advisory Board (COS), the International Advisory Board (IAB) and the Research Advisory Committee (RAC). The Board of Directors, the General Assembly and the comittees are made up by managers, representatives of the regions where Skema is rooted, alumni as well as French and international professors.
Strategic Advisory Board (Conseil d’orientation Stratégique - COS)
This board provides SKEMA’s Board of Directors with analyses and recommendations concerning the school’s strategy. It is mostly comprised of company directors, several of whom are graduates of SKEMA’s founder schools. The current COS board is as follows:
- Chairman: Jean-Philippe COURTOIS, President of Microsoft International (SKEMA 1983)
- Didier BONNET, Managing Director, Global Sector, Capgemini (SKEMA 1983)
- André LENQUETTE, CEP Pramex International
- Véronique GAUTIER, CEO, Giorgio Armani fragrance, L’Oreal. (SKEMA 1983)
- François MOLLARD, Vice President Div. PME-PMI & Solutions Entreprises, IBM France (SKEMA 1983)
- Jean-Paul PICARD, CEO Deloitte (SKEMA 1974)
Mette MONSTED, professor, Copenhagen Business School, (Denmark)
Olivier DUFOUR, Executive Director, MP Brussels Directorate, Michael Page International (SKEMA 2001)
Alexandre DE SUZZONI, Président Umanidis Distribution Services
The chairman and vice-chairman of the Board of Directors are permanent guests of this board.
International Advisory Board
This board provides analyses and opinions to assist the Board of Directors in promoting the school’s International development. The international advisory board currently comprises the following:
- Chairman: Didier BONNET, Managing Director, Global Sector, Capgemini
- Michael OSBALDESTON, Former Dean of Cranfield School of Management (UK), International Development Advisor of SKEMA
- Alain GED, Former Dean of IAE Aix en Provence
- David PARCERISAS, President of the Board - EADA (Spain)
- David SAUNDERS, Dean of Queen's University (Canada)
- Wolfram TIETSCHER, Vice President Europe - Texas Instruments
- Ira WEISS, Dean of Poole college of Management NCSU (USA)
Research Advisory Committee
This committee is made up of well known researchers. It provides analyses and recommendations to the Board of Directors concerning SKEMA’s scientific policy. The current board members are:
- Mette MONSTED, professor, Copenhagen Business School, (Denmark)
- Soreen ASKEGAARD, professor, University of Southern Denmark
- Paul COUGHLAN, professor, Trinity College, Dublin (Ireland)
- Guido COZZI, professor, Durham University (UK)
- Denis GROMB, professor, INSEAD (France)
- Piet SERCU, professor, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)