About the city
A top spot for young professionals and families, Raleigh is nationally recognised as a city on the rise. It has been featured as America's best city by businessweek.com and the third best place for business and careers by Forbes, among many more accolades.
With Durham and Chapel Hill, Raleigh anchors the Research Triangle, a national hotspot for high-tech enterprise and the largest research park in the USA. It hosts around 11,000 employees and more than 160 organisations, which include some of the top companies in the USA: IBM, Cisco Systems, SAS Institute, Biogen Idec and GlaxoSmithKline.
Raleigh has a population of about 400,000 people.
Situated at the heart of the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University, SKEMA Business School has more than 30,000 square feet (2,500 m2) for its students, for whom interaction with American and international students is part of their day-to-day life. This location is also home to NC State Colleges, such as Engineering and Textiles, the famous James B. Hunt Jr. Library, as well as numerous innovative businesses and research laboratories.
All of SKEMA's international campuses have the same objective: combining academic and professional experience at an international level. At SKEMA, the international, real-world experience of students involves more than just spending time abroad. These future leaders also come into direct contact with other cultures and participate in internships with local businesses.
"By creating campuses and programmes that are interconnected, SKEMA trains students to be exceptionally mobile, to possess rare values such as open mindedness and collaboration. In our globalised world, our future alumni will work in multinational, multicultural businesses. Giving them the opportunity to understand this environment through our international campuses, to live this unique and exceptional and unique experience, especially on this Raleigh campus, at the heart of second largest technopark of the United States, is giving them the tools for tomorrow."
- Alice Guilhon, dean of SKEMA.
Research Triangle Park (RTP): Establishing a campus in the Triangle area, a gateway to the leading high-tech cluster in the US is no coincidence. SKEMA has forged a reputation and an identity for its schools in high-tech clusters and world-class business centres, thereby offering its students ample opportunity for involvement in vibrant business environments. SKEMA was drawn to the region given the world-renowned reputation of the Research Triangle Park and the quality of its higher education system. The RTP gathers more than 11,000 employees and hosts over 160 international companies. A lot of international companies have a site within the "triangle" of Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill.
- Close links with local networks and companies for teaching purposes, student projects, consulting projects, internships, company visits.
- Regular careers events: Speed-dating recruitment events, careers fairs, and meet-ups with managers from local companies.
- Excellent opportunities to start working in the country: once graduated, the OPT programme gives foreign students the right to work in the US for one year.
- More than 643 SKEMA alumni already work in the USA.
Take flights from Raleigh to discover the following American cities:
- New York City (1hr 30min) is the largest city in the United States. Nicknamed the "Big Apple", it is one of the USA's most dynamic cities. It is home to the world's most important financial centre, Wall Street, embodying the power of the US economy. New York consists of five districts: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island.
- Washington DC (1hr) is the capital of the United States. The city's cultural richness includes impressive museums, memorials and monuments…
- Atlanta (1hr) is in the state of Georgia.
- Miami (2hrs) is an American icon. It is culturally diverse and known worldwide for its long beaches of white sand, its Art Deco architecture and taste for contemporary art.
Live the SKEMA experience!