BBA in International Business
This programme is only accessible for American students
The American track, International Business specialisation*, is a four-year programme delivering a double bachelor’s degree (French and American). It trains students in international business who are able to develop their careers in a globalised world and, specifically, American culture.
Based in Raleigh, North Carolina, near the Research Triangle Park, students are able to do one year’s study internationally on our Sophia-Antipolis (France), Suzhou (China) or Belo Horizonte campuses.
This programme is a springboard to launch your professional career in the Americas or for further studies at master’s level.
SKEMA students who wish to gain valuable experience working in the US have an exceptional opportunity via Optional Practical Training (OPT), allowing them to work in their field of study in the US for up to 12 months without applying for a new visa.
Students in the International Business major will acquire global expertise
They will be taught the basis of management, marketing and finance as well as the fields of politics and economics in an international context. Students will be able to adapt business models to different workplaces, and learn how to consider legal issues.
Students will also have awareness of sustainable development of a business in a globalised world. The intercultural experience and the mandatory international mobility will strengthen students’ backgrounds, expertise and knowledge.
FIRST (FRESHMAN) YEAR
- General education such as foreign language / Business and Economic Calculus /Consumer Computer Applications / Sciences
- Management fundamentals such as Macroeconomics / Managerial Accounting
SECOND (SOPHOMORE) YEAR
- General education: Business and Professional Writing / Social and Sustainable Responsibility / foreign language
- Management Fundamentals: Principles of Modern Management / Business Law/ Marketing Principles
- Concentrations: Introduction to Business Intelligence / Financial Analysis and Decision Making
THIRD (JUNIOR) YEAR
ONE YEAR IN FRANCE (SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS CAMPUS)
OR IN CHINA (SUZHOU CAMPUS)
OR IN BRAZIL (BELO HORIZONTE CAMPUS)
- Advanced Global Skills relevant to the study location (USA, China, Brazil)
FOURTH (SENIOR) YEAR
- Concentrations: International Financial Management / International Negotiation / Project Management / International Strategy
- Special topics in international business
- Capstone project