Global and multi-campus with immersion in local business environments in Brazil, China, France, USA and South Africa
This MSc was ranked eleventh worldwide by QS (2022), and fifth worldwide by The Economist (2021).
Intakes and campuses:
- January & septembre : Paris, Stellenbosch and Suzhou
- January & august : Raleigh
- August : Belo Horizonte
Please note, for enrollment in January at the Raleigh, Suzhou or Stellenbosch campus:
Application deadline: Monday, 6 November 2023
Enrollment deadline (contract signing and deposit payment): Wednesday, 15 November 2023
This MSc is a full-time programme with eight months of courses followed by work experience or a research project.
- Our one-year multi-campus programme is designed for future global business leaders, providing students with the necessary general management and multicultural skills and knowledge.
- The same disciplines are taught in each campus, with strong localisation relevant to the location. The autumn semester focuses on globalisation and the way that the region —the Americas, Asia, Africa or Europe— deals with globalisation. In the spring semester, course content on each campus is totally specific to the region.
- Our professors come from all around the globe. They are entrepreneurs, innovators, research directors, CEOs, VPs of marketing, directors of finance; and they have worldwide reputations in their fields.
- Classes are small enough to be truly interactive and provide a multicultural experience, allowing for close personal contact with teachers and classmates. In recent years, MSc IB classes have been made up of students of some 25, or so, countries. This highly international class composition transforms projects and team work into valuable cross-cultural working and learning experiences.
- The teaching approach is applied and participatory: real projects with businesses are carried out so students are operational, employable managers by the time they graduate.
Change between campuses, per semester, as you wish !
This multi-campus programme is designed for future global business leaders. Students acquire the necessary general management and multicultural skills and knowledge. Each semester, students can study at a different SKEMA campus in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America, gaining real exposure and experience in different markets.
MSc International Business has five specialisation tracks: Doing Business in Europe, Doing Business in China, Doing Business in the USA, Doing Business in Latin America, Doing Business in Africa
Why choose this programme ?
- Business is in a phase of unprecedented internationalisation. This MSc will prepare you for it.
- The programme is well suited to students with a broad range of backgrounds, nationalities, qualifications and experience. Thanks to its location in five different countries (Brazil, China, France, South Africa and USA), it enhances your international exposure and gives you the opportunity to learn more about the main internationalisation issues and challenges in each country.
- The philosophy is to embed the programme in the ecosystem of each location. This will offer you a real global experience and will help you to acquire strong knowledge in international business and also to learn more about each location when moving from one campus to another.
- Our international faculty members have both strong academic and professional experience and their teaching is built on the latest research works and is closely connected to real-world business situations.
Graduates of this MSc can offer companies their competences in:
- Understanding the complex process of internationalisation
- Addressing the impacts of cultural, administrative, political, geographical, economic distance on doing business abroad
- Using methods and tools for the analysis and evaluation of the business environment abroad
- Managing multiculturalism and diversity.
About the degree
By joining an MSc, students obtain a master of science degree and the "Diploma of Specialised Studies in International Management" (DESMI), a degree approved by France's Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (master's level. More info - text in French