llustration : Paul Milgrom (© Niklas Elmehed for Nobel Media)
This year’s Nobel prize for Economics was awarded to Paul Milgrom and Robert Wilson, both of Stanford University. In the 1980’s, during his doctoral studies at Yale University, Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné professor of Economics and Corporate Social Responsibility at SKEMA) was very fortunate to have Paul Milgrom as his thesis advisor.
“If I now tell my students who strive to engage in purposeful research
– Hold on to your big questions
– Think about them all the time
– Follow and refine your intuition
– Open your mind to any possible clue
– And dig in as long as it takes to see the light
... it is because I learned these principles from Paul Milgrom” concludes Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné.
Read this this personal testimony about Paul Milgrom on the Knowledge website of SKEMA.