Out of the 2,800 graduates this year, 1,900 diplomas were given out at the ceremonies. In all, there were around 7000 participants and attendees.
- 80 nationalities represented
- 30 different programmes
- #SKEMA became the top trending topic on Twitter
- Social media posts of the event with the hashtag #SKEMA19 were projected onto a giant screen as a ‘social wall’.
This is a good indicator of the success of this much-awaited event, which brings together the SKEMA community every year. Social media posts of graduates and participants captured their enthusiasm.
The ceremonies were led by Katrina Panchout, director of SKEMA’s Grande Ecole programme in Lille, and Peter Spier, professor of marketing at the Sophia Antipolis campus. Both events were entertaining and included several videos highlighting the diverse variety of graduates.
Alice Guilhon, SKEMA’s dean, also handed out several awards and distinctions to the school’s professors and alumni.
- The Faculty Award went to Michel Henry Bouchet, a distinguished professor of finance, to congratulate him on his rich academic and professional career.
- The Educational Innovation Award went to Sabrina Chikh, programme director of MSc Corporate Financial Management on the Paris campus for her project: Innovative Assessments: Making students actors in their learning.
- The Excellence Awards went to Pierre Della Monica (MS Manager Marketing Data and Electronic Commerce), co-founder of the music group Bon Entendeur, and to Marie Borie (Grande Ecole programme), for her involvement in student soiciety activities (HOPE).
- Diplomas awarded to four honour students: Corentin Magat (BBA), Romain Collobert (Grande Ecole programme), Benedikt Robl (MSc) and Emilie Ith (MS).
After the ceremonies, the celebration continued in the evening at Pavillon d’Armenonville where a cocktail session and dinner had been arranged as part of the gala event. The young graduates attended this event with their friends, family, programme directors and teachers.
Watch the video - SKEMA 2019 graduation ceremony