ONE name: SKEMA - School of Knowledge Economy and Management
ONE ambition: To be THE global business school
Since its beginnings in 2009 as a result of the merger between ESC Lille and CERAM Business School, SKEMA has been a global business school that has always been inspired by the same ambition on its French and international campuses: to train leaders and managers who are mobile and adaptable, able to contribute to the knowledge economy and generate sustainable performance respecting the values and challenges of society, the environment and the economy. SKEMA graduates should seek to create value by continuous innovation while respecting multicultural and social diversity. The school currently has 8,500 students, 160 research professors, seven campuses worldwide and 45,000 alumni.
The mission and values on which SKEMA has based its strategy are completely in line with world economic developments.
To offer training and guidance to men and women, students and practitioners, so that they can develop both personally and professionally. SKEMA is open to people from all backgrounds who have strong potential and who respect the values of ethics and responsibility, so that they are able to:
- Make their mark in organisations of all sizes in any country or region in the multicultural context of the globalised economy
- Contribute to their organisations’ sustainable development and performance through their sense of innovation, their technical skills and international cross-cultural competence.
To reach these goals, the school engages in:
- Academic and applied research
- Pedagogical innovation
- An international, multi-campus structure
By doing this, the school contributes to:
- Developing the areas local to its campuses
- Developing the companies it deals with
As part of its 2015/2020 strategic plan
Consolidate the SKEMA business model
- Create a global school recognised for its distinctive international strategy
- Become the management school of reference for science hubs
- Be recognised as the school of the knowledge economy
- Be recognised as a school that is committed to the localities of its campuses.
An innovative educational model with strong values
SKEMA’s values are part and parcel of the school’s positioning:
- Multiculturalism and diversity
- Lifelong learning and personal development
- An entrepreneurial mindset