The books in the list below have been read by Amaury Goguel, the director on the Paris campus. He would recommend them to any student interested in the financial markets and investments fields.
Please note: this is not a required reading list.
For Investment Banking track & profiles
To understand Equity Investments jobs
- How to Get an Equity Research Analyst Job: A Guide to Starting a Career in Asset Management, Gillian Elcock
- Investment Banking Careers, Donna Khalife.
To perform in interviews: mastering valuation methodologies
- Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers & Acquisitions, Joshua Rosenbaum & Joshua Pearl
- Financial Modelling and Valuation: A Practical Guide to Investment Banking and Private Equity
For Asset Management track & Front Office profiles.
To understand the investor's mindset
- The Great Investors: Lessons on Investing from Master Traders - Glen Arnold
- 50 Red Hot Forex Trading Secrets: The Closely Guarded Secrets Of An Investment Banking…Alberto Pau
Foundations of market finance and asset classes: all profiles (common core)
- The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities, J. Fabozzi/ Steven V. Mann
- Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives, John C Hull
- Option Volatility and Pricing: Advanced Trading Strategies and Techniques, Sheldon Natenberg. (Not an easy book…)
To understand macro-economic & global strategies
- Collateral Frameworks: the Open Secret of Central Banks.
- Bloomberg Visual Guide to Economic Indicators . Richard Yamarone
Technical Tools (For all profiles. More quantitative oriented)
- Paul Wilmott Introduces Quantitative Finance, Paul Wilmott
- Financial Modeling, Simon Benninga
- Learning Quantitative Finance, R. Dr Pam Jeet, Prashan Vats
- Introductory Econometrics for Finance, Chris Brooks
- GARCH Models: Structure, Statistical Inference and Financial Applications
For the summer
- Flash Boys by Michael Lewis,
The market is rigged by HFT traders who front run orders placed by investors. The book remained on the first place of The New York Times Best Seller list for four consecutive weeks.
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis
About the financial crisis of 2007–2008, which was triggered by the United States housing bubble.
- The Seven Sins of Wall Street by Bob Ivry