BBA in Global Management students may continue their high-level sports training while studying.
Students who train in the French Riviera region benefit from a flexible approach towards their studies, allowing them to consolidate further education with intensive sports training.
Support services for athletes
- The coach and his or her assistant are in charge of training and organising competitions.
- The university sports director is there to help athletes with the administrative side of things and to advise on academic orientation.
- International students’ advisory service for advice and info about partner universities.
- Tutoring service – helps with course work.
- Flexible arrangements for athlete students.
- Reduced study load during training and competitions.
- Deferred examinations if necessary.
- Support from a tutor and a sports instructor to help manage the study programme and sports commitments.
Students who have been granted the status of athlete students receive a sports grant of up to €2000 per year. If students are unable to follow a full semester of courses due to training commitments, the following services are offered with no additional expense:
- Take up to eight credits in the summer
- An extension of the study period (one year for the exchange programme, one semester for the transfer programme).
Nicolas D'oriano, current Global BBA student
"As a top-level sportsman, I didn't think that my studies and my sports career would be compatible. And yet, for the last two years I have proven the opposite by alternating between my 11 training sessions per week and my classes. Today, if my goal is to take part in my second Olympic Games and to get a job in market finance, it is in great part thanks to the support of SKEMA."
Photo: Lora Barra