Global BBA students may continue their high-level sports training
For more than 20 years, SKEMA has offered sports students facilities that allow them to succeed in their dual project: access a higher education degree while continuing their high-level sports career.
SKEMA’s sports track gives students the benefit of a flexible approach towards their studies for success in both their further education and sports careers.
Support services for athletes
Flexibility and a possible extension of the duration of studies.
Tutoring service – an academic tutor and a sports tutor.
Flexible arrangements for exams in case of competitions with possibility of exemption..
A personalised timetable with exemption from attendance at lessons (for training or competitions) within the maximum authorised limit.
Free courses to complete the curriculum during the summer semester (May-June).
Professionalisation assistance agreement in partnership with the ministerial structures in charge of the high level.
Students who have been granted the status of athlete students receive a sports grant of up to €2000 per year. If students are unable to follow a full semester of courses due to training commitments, the following services are offered with no additional expense:
- Take up to eight credits in the summer
- An extension of the study period (one year for the exchange programme, one semester for the transfer programme).
Nicolas D'oriano, current Global BBA student
Swimmer, 400m champion of France
"As a top-level sportsman, I didn't think that my studies and my sports career would be compatible. And yet, for the last two years I have proven the opposite by alternating between my 11 training sessions per week and my classes. Today, if my goal is to take part in my second Olympic Games and to get a job in market finance, it is in great part thanks to the support of SKEMA."
Photo: Lora Barra
Rouguy Diallo, former BBA student
- 9th at the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2021
- First at the European Championship by team in 2021
- French 2019 Champion (indoor and outdoor)
- Tenth at the 2019 World Championships in Doha
- Seventh at the European Indoor Championships 2019 in Glasgow
- Eighth at the European Championships in 2018 in Berlin
- Bronze medal at the French Championships
- Third at the European Championships, 2017, Bydgoszcz
- Vice champion of France indoor, 2016.
Started the BBA: September 2013
Specialisation: Entrepreneurship & Business Administration
Curriculum developed over six years to adapt to training courses and sports competitions
Photo: az sports images
Benedikt Maukner, current student
- French team U16, U18
- Pivot, Club des Sharks Pro B
- Pivot, Club Nuremberg Div2
- Vice champion of France U17
Started the BBA: September 2018
Specialisation: Event Management
Photo: miko missano photos