Business functions (disciplinary courses)
Develop a 360-degree view of a company and expertise in business functions.
- Understand the underlying ultimate principles and practices of different business functions, the context of business operations and detect 'weak signals'' that may potentially morph into disruptive factors.
- Acquire appropriate methodologies & develop a mindset that will enhance the participants’ personal ability to successfully manage transformation and shape the future.
- Apply data technologies to create new capabilities to foster value creation in different industries.
- Be ready for the future: today’s theories are tomorrow’s practices.
- Finance (Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurial Finance, etc.)
- Acounting and controlling
- Global Management and Talent Development
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Information System
- Operations Management
- Business Law
- Date Science for Leaders
Value creation processes (interdisplinary courses)
- Create value in times of disruption by adjusting strategies and business models.
- Understand how organisations develop business strategies, what makes them successful, and why and when they need to undergo change.
- Understand the impact of transformation not only on how organisations (re)structure themselves, but also on the dynamics between people in organisations.
- Learn to develop more sustainable perspectives on value creation to address the world’s urgent social and environmental challenges.
- Transform ideas into new value (the entrepreneurship process) and formulate new frameworks and alternative forms of sustainable value creation for all stakeholders, e.g.. social entrepreneurship, making the most of abandoned resources, etc.
- The Art for Strategic Renewal (Strategizing, Innovation Management, New Business Models and Ventures, etc.)
- Advanced Organisational Design (New Organisational Forms, Stakeholders’ Perspective, etc.)
- Governance, Business Ethics for a Sustainable World (Social Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- The Transformation Imperative (Engineering Strategic & Operational Change, Project Management, Design and Implementation of Cutting Edge Change Management Practices, etc.)
- Setting the Scene: Digitalisation, Globalisation, Innovation
- Economy for Leaders
- Technology and Society (from AI to augmented intelligence, etc.)
- Supply Chain Management in a VUCA world
Throughout the programme, participants develop a powerful combination of soft skills and a mindset for new leadership thought and action. As transformational leaders they will be:
- Holistic strategists - able to lead change and to put in place the right capabilities, and equipped with the appropriate mindset to successfully effect change
- Agile – through adaptability and anticipation, to enable the simultaneous management of complexity and uncertainty with alignment of strategies and business contexts
- Digital leaders - to anticipate how increased digitalisation changes the way we communicate, interact and work in team
- Creative chameleons - versatile, able to lead in context and make the most out of diversity dedicated – as ‘sense-makers’, able to effect complete alignment between their mindset, the company and the environment.
- Understanding the Self, Enhanced Emotional Intelligence
- Developing a Transformation Mindset & Skills
- Leading (in) a Crisis and in Turbulent Times
- Communicating, Motivating, Inspiring Teams and Corporate Ecosystem
- Leading with Agility Collaborative Team Management
- Cultural & Diversity Management Intra/ Entrepreneurship Mindset