What makes this MSc stand out?
Closeness to industry:
*Association of Corporate Travel Executives, Meetings Professionals International, Society of Incentive Travel Executives, International Federation for IT and Travel & Tourism, Destination Marketing Association International, Travel and Tourism Research Association
- Programme developed in consultation with leading experts and professionals * in the industry.
- Very successful track record of placing interns within the industry.
- Event management track is one of the few in France to concentrate on professional events as run by companies, associations or governments.
- Students regularly meet, and are taught by, expert professionals.
Learning by application
- The French Riviera: one of the world’s principal destinations. Students work with local businesses and on events through in-company projects, internships.
- The MSc content reflects the region’s strong points: event tourism, luxury tourism, use of new technologies.
Jurriaen Sleijster, executive vice president at MCI
- Students work on a number of practical event or tourism projects.
- Event management students can gain the first level of certification in MPI’s Global Certificate of Meetings and Business Events.
- The entire class visits and participates at the annual ITB tourism exhibition in Berlin, the world’s largest. SKEMA pays airfare and entry.
- Students learn from renowned, international faculty with relevant and extensive professional and academic experience.
- Students do internships in a wide variety of companies and organisations
“A key strength of SKEMA's MSc Strategic Event Management and Tourism Management as far as I’m concerned is that the contents of the course material is so closely related to what’s really happening in business.
The field trips, the case studies, the guest lecturers: students are exposed to situations they will have to deal with in real life, once the study is over and business begins.
It’s one of the reasons we as a company regularly take on students from this programme as trainees in our offices. I can wholeheartedly recommend this programme to anyone who wants to prepare for an exciting career in the world of meetings and events."