About the degree
By joining an MSc, students obtain a master of science degree and the "Diploma of Specialised Studies in International Management" (DESMI), a degree approved by France's Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (master's level. More info - text in French
A unique combination of three inter-connected fields
This programme is designed to help participants develop an in-depth understanding of auditing, management control and information systems. It provides students with a range of knowledge, tools and skills and the ability to use them in a variety of operational and entrepreneurial situations to become responsible managers.
The MSc looks at how digital transformation is changing the finance function by using artificial intelligence (AI) to improve performance through technologies such as robotic process automation (RPA) and chatbots. This disruption also helps to rethink internal processes and people management and to develop analytical reasoning which are essential skillsets needed to find solutions to real life problems.
In addition, the programme supports and encourages students to develop their individual managerial and research capabilities to become key actors of change for their companies, profession, and the global business environment.
Why choose this programme
- Preparation for internationally recognised certifications: CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management
Accounting (CIMA Adv Dip MA), Microsoft Power platform (Power Apps, Power BI, Power
Automate, Power Agents), Microsoft Azur and SAP
- Lectures delivered mainly by international experts
- Transdisciplinary projects
- Immediate practical application of the knowledge, tools and skills thanks to the educational
rhythm: one intense Fall semester of lectures (from September to December), followed by up to
six months of internship (from January until June) in-line with industry requirements, during this
second period a certain amount of online and classroom courses will also need to be completed.
The spring term which includes these courses, will continue until mid-July
- Links with professional bodies and research, at national and international level (CIMA, IFACI,
SKEMA places importance on artificial intelligence in courses. In our MSc programmes, we use the Microsoft PowerPlatform suite with a "low code or no code" use of AI tools.
In-company project and assignments
- Preparation of management accounts
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting for decision-making purposes
- Product and service costing
- Management of working capital
- Balanced scorecards within Microsoft Power BI (business intelligence)
- Robotic process automation (RPA) in accounting and audit
- Accounting and management accounting 'serious game'
- Innovation management and design thinking
Watch the MSc Auditing, Management Accounting live streaming replay
In March, there was a live streaming Q&A on Campus Channel for prospective students and candidates to ask questions and get answers from Raluca Sandu, the former director of the MSc as well as Cong Sun, a current student of the MSc. They answered questions about the programme, studying in France/at SKEMA etc.