Global and local: SKEMA’s campuses draw on the strengths of a fully globalised business school while harnessing the advantages of each campus’s local business context
SKEMA'S SUZHOU CAMPUS
- Locally based international professors who share their experience and knowledge of the country’s business environment. Over half work in Chinese companies
- Many classes specialise in the context of the local business environment.
- China: the world’s second largest economy. A country where entrepreneurs’ dreams become reality
- Suzhou: 14m inhabitants; hosts more than 1,500 foreign companies; some 40 Fortune 500 companies have set up there; just 30 minutes’ train ride from Shanghai, the world “capital for disruptive innovation” (KPMG)
- Suzhou is China’s second largest centre of industry and top destination for foreign investment
- Modern and traditional: Suzhou’s old town attracts tourists from around the globe.
Links with companies for teaching and careers
- Extensive links with local companies for teaching purposes, student projects, internships and jobs
- Careers events weekly: managers from local companies are on campus to meet and network with SKEMA Suzhou students
- Some 1000 SKEMA alumni work in China, most of whom are Chinese.
- High tech incubator in cooperation with a local university, an important member of the local innovation ecosystem
- Suzhou is a large student city with more than 75 000 Chinese and international students and 28 universities
- Multitude of facilities nearby: neighbourhood centre, library, gymnasium, cinema
- Diverse Chinese cultural events for students: Chinese calligraphy, painting, Tai chi, Kung fu, culture immersion trip etc.