AI research at SKEMA relies on a strong interdisciplinary group of scholars from different areas. The research topics covered by the AI team range from AI fundamentals (including the development of new AI algorithms and techniques), to AI applications, and AI solutions for business. SKEMA researchers are supported by international scholars from top tiers universities as well as AI advisors and CEOs.
SKEMA's AI Team is a unique mix of experts and researchers with deep knowledge and experience in AI methods, techniques, and applications to four different and interdisciplinary areas.
The AI Fundamentals team
Currently, in AI fundamentals, research projects include Modeling and advanced detection of fear of recurrence (jointly with the University of Milan), Measure of propagation of the pandemic in populations and its economic impact on production (jointly with the University of Bremen), The digitalisation of wholesale agri-food markets (jointly with the University of Venice), The enhancing of therapy adherence through combined behavioural and artificial intelligence modelling (jointly with the European Institute of Oncology), The development of AI-based technologies informing, safeguarding, and improving the life quality of vulnerable groups in society in areas affected by natural disasters (jointly with the Newcastle University), and AI applications in healthcare, energy, industry, and education in light of pandemics (jointly with Qatar University).
- Jan Broekaert, Postdoc: quantum probability, quantum-like cognitive properties
- Faizal Hafiz, Postdoc: pattern recognition, machine learning algorithms
- Davide La Torre, Professor: AI fundamentals, image analysis, mathematical modelling
The AI in Economics and Finance team
- Zakaria Babutsidze, Associate Professor: data-driven decision making, digital technologies
- Rodolphe Desbordes, Professor: economic development, applied econometrics
- Laurent Ferrara, Professor: financial forecasting, time series analysis
- René Garcia, Professor and consultant - Universiy of Montreal, Canada
- Steward Huang, Professor: applied statistics, data management
- Wan Ni Lai, Associate Professor: machine learning in finance
- Farouh Magnim, Postdoc: financial markets, financial microstructure, econometrics, macrofinance
- Benjamin Montmartin, Associate Professor: applied econometrics, innovation and growth
- Bernard Sinclair-Desgagne, Professor: economics of risk and uncertainty, AI and ethics
The AI in Marketing and Management team
AI in Operations, Supply Chain and Information Systems team
- Xavier Brusset, Professor: optimisation algorithms, supply chain management
- Morteza Davari, Assistant Professor: operations research, combinatorial optimization
- Aida Jebali, Associate Professor: mathematical programming, operations and supply chain modeling
- Shumail Mazahir, Assistant Professor: supply chain management, manufacturing engineering
- Chitu Okoli, Professor: business intelligence, data mining, information systems