This summer school programme is not available for summer 2023.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com.
Finance & Banking
Grand Paris Campus
SKEMA's MSc Financial Markets & Investments was ranked 3rd worldwide, Financial Times, 2022
The financial world has changed over the last 30 years. Many changes have influenced the global financial system which has become more unstable, volatile and risky.
- How has this happened?
- Why do banks exist?
- What is the role of financial markets?
- How can we manage risk in a volatile market?
- What is sustainable finance based on sustainable performance?
- What is the solution for a more sustainable world?
The programme will provide answers to all the above questions.
This approach offers the keys and the basic tools of modern finance.
- To provide students with a personalised academic environment to obtain a solid understanding of the international banking and financial system, risk and sustainable
- The course aims at analysing and assessing globalised banking strategies. It is open to non-specialists and gives a clear understanding of international banking forces, the
global economy, regulation and financial instability in a globalised economy.
- The course will assess the impact of financial deregulation, as well as structural reforms upon banking business models.
The student is expected to be able to:
- Identify the place and the role of the banking system in a financial context with its instability and systemic risks.
- Understand the process of measuring or assessing the actual or potential dangers of a particular situation.
- Know types of risk: credit, operational, reputational...
- Understand the general approach of portfolio credit risk.
- Develop a special macro-prudential approach in order to understand the role of regulation in a globalised banking system.
- Understand the utility of sustainable finance.
At the end of the course, we expect the students to be able to use the framework analysis taught in this course to understand and analyse current developments in international banking as a part of their practical work decision making.