Creating and managing a technology startup
Programme jointly delivered by Berkeley Global - the continuing education school of UC Berkeley - and The Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology
Taught entirely in English at UC Berkeley and Berkeley Global's San Francisco Campus. September intake.
Who can apply?
- Students from the Master in Management, Grande Ecole programme.
- Students who have already completed an MSc degree from SKEMA
- Holders of a three-year degree with a proven interest in deep technology.
Why choose this programme
Students choosing this programme will benefit from:
Studying and networking at the heart of the most innovative ecosystem in the world:
Following a robust academic programme – conceived and delivered by
world class faculty - which covers the latest innovations and technology trends.
Many classes will include interactions with outstanding
founders of fast-growing technology companies which were born in Silicon Valley.
There will be plenty of opportunities to learn about the
latest deep tech trends.
Students willing to launch a company will be able to apply to
SkyDeck, the startup acceleration programme of the University of California Berkeley. Each semester roughly 20 selected start-ups obtain $100,000 when joining the SkyDeck Cohort Programme. As well as initial funding, SkyDeck provides much more: advice and mentoring, business connections and social interaction with more than 300 other founders
If students complete two in-person semesters of full-time study, they will be
eligible to apply for paid temporary work authorisation in the U.S through Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- Doing this diploma programme as part of the
Two-Year MSc / DESMI (*) : €45,000 (these are the total fees for two years’ tuition)
- For Two-Year MSc / DESMI * students who started their Two-Year MSc in fall 2020, the additional year at Berkeley costs €30,000
- For those who have already done an MSc, or a BBA, at SKEMA: €35,000 (these fees are for one year's tuition)
*DESMI: Diplôme d’Etudes Spécialisées en Management International, recognised by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (Bac+5 - Level 7). The commercial name of this programme is “Two-Year MSc”